The application period for Spring 2017 is now closed. Please check back later during the Summer for information on the Fall 2017 awards.
*Previous winners of the ALVS and CSU Bookstore Textbook Award may not receive the scholarship a second time.
Adult Learner & Veteran Services (ALVS) has partnered with the CSU Bookstore to offer eight textbook awards valued at up to $500 in required textbooks for a single semester. The awards are good only at the CSU Bookstore at the Lory Student Center. Any amount over $500 is the responsibility of the recipient. Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria (past recipients are not eligible):
- - Be an undergraduate adult learner (includes student parents and veterans) who is not receiving Post 9/11 GI Bill or VA Vocational Rehabilitation benefits;
- - Have a minimum cumulative CSU GPA of 2.5;
- - Be enrolled in at least 12 residential credits for the Fall 2016 semester; and
- - Demonstrate financial need and academic potential.
To apply, complete the form below and submit the following:
- upload a word document or PDF with answers to essay questions below (on next page); and
- upload a copy of your CSU financial aid summary for Spring 2016 (on next page).
The deadline for submission is Friday, January 27th. Late submissions and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
*If you are not able to complete the application in one sitting, your progress will only be saved by the same browser and computer you used to start the application. Otherwise, you will be required to restart the application.